Valley Education for Employment System (VALEES) is a regional delivery system established by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) which serves 17 school districts, two area career/vocational centers, one special education cooperative and Waubonsee Community College, covering a five-county area. VALEES also collaborates with College of DuPage, Joliet Junior College, and Kishwaukee College to promote articulated Career and Technical Programs.
VALEES is directed by ISBE to:
- Provide curriculum and project development.
- Provide staff development, in-services and workshops for teachers, counselors and administrators.
- Assist schools in technology and equipment updates.
- Ensure efficiency, access, and equity in delivery of career and technical education.
- Submit and administer Career and Technical Education (CTE) related grants and disperse funds to member districts.
- Promote local business and industry partnerships with education at all levels.
VALEES is divided into three sub-regions:
- Indian Valley Sub-region is comprised of eleven feeder districts to the Indian Valley Vocational Center.
- Fox Valley Sub-region is comprised of four feeder districts to the Fox Valley Career Center.
- River Valley Sub-region is comprised of East Aurora, West Aurora, and Oswego districts.
VALEES administers over $2 million in federal and state grant funds through the following programs:
- Career and Technical Education Improvement state funds to support the improvement of CTE programs at the secondary level.
- Perkins federal funds to support CTE for special population secondary students.
FY16 Annual Report
FY17 Annual Report